This Advent and Christmas season will be like no other in recent memory. The startling strangeness of this year is very different but the need to serve remains the same. So many of you have reached out to see what you can do. OLMC’s response to the needs of others during this pandemic has been more than ever, better than ever, generous. This Christmas, while the way we help will be a little different, our desire to serve remains the same. Here’s how to help:
Take a tag from the Giving Tree and purchase the item indicated on the tag. Please be sure gifts are wrapped with the ORIGINAL GIFT TAG taped to the OUTSIDE of the package. If you would like a gift tag but are unable to obtain one from the Church, please contact Elliot Guerra at email@example.com.
- Take a “Stocking For Our Sisters” tag and fill the Christmas stocking that you purchase with toiletries for the Missionary Franciscan Sisters in Tenafly, the Sisters of St. Joseph residing in Teaneck, and the Sisters of Notre Dame in Bergenfield.
- Sign up to give on the Sisters of Life Visitation Mission Amazon Gift Registry (see information below).
- Donate NEW face masks, socks, winter gloves, scarves and hats.
- Donate checks, cash or supermarket gift cards for our Family Promise Walk-In Dinner program that will be serving hundreds of our brothers and sisters on Christmas Eve and every month throughout 2021. Checks can be made payable to OLMC with a note on the memo line “Walk-In Dinner.”
- Pray for us! Remember the parish and all her volunteers by name as we serve others.
All gifts are due back to the Church the weekend of December 12th/13th.