Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation are sacraments of initiation in the Roman Catholic Church. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is strengthened by the gifts of the Holy Spirit that are needed for us to live as a mature Christian.
Check out the video from Confirmation sessions in the past below:
Marrying the latest pedagogical methods that incorporate technology, cultural programming, service opportunities and liturgical worship, it is our hope that we have created a new way forward in religious education for young Catholics in their mid-teens. The following is a brief glimpse into the structure of the program:
- Students entering the program are led by trained young people in their 20s and 30s. These leaders are their immediate catechists and serve as both educational instructors and group leaders and also as spiritual directors getting to know each student on a personal basis.
- The students meet on roughly 10- 15 Sunday evenings for instruction (click here to see our Confirmation Calendar Page). This instruction utilizes tablets, laptops, and other interactive instructional methods such as skit writing, learning stations, small group work and other activities seen in the latest STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Technology) education.
- These Sundays conclude with Mass in the evening led by our Carmelite priests, and utilizes teen involvement in all aspects of the Mass such as playing music, lectoring and altar serving. Parents, of course, are encouraged to attend.
- A manageable but mandatory commitment of 10 community service hours is required for the Academic year. A variety of service opportunities are available throughout the year at local soup kitchens, community food banks and walk in dinner programs. A registration to log hours can be found here!
- Cultural and secular materials that discuss conversions or self-discovery are used, such as segments of movies, selections from novels and other media, to enrich the students’ own journey of transformation—to show them that a real life of faith is living in the real world with both its dangers and great excitements.
- Enriched by our deep Carmelite tradition, a retreat offers students the opportunity to reach a deeper understanding of their spiritual growth as young Christians and learn the language of meditation and prayer.
To register your son or daughter for Confirmation please visit our registration page here. Contact program director Elliot Guerra with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the gallery below from past years’ Confirmation sessions.